Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Beautiful, Meaningful Things

So, what's a fog blog? I honestly don't know. Last night I happened upon this incredible picture of an old oak amidst the vast expanse of a wide open pasture. I was moved by the brevity of this image. I could almost hear the silence. The way the fog holds everything in place. I long for that solitude. That stillness. But as I partake in the loud world around me that uproots every beautiful, meaningful thing that this life has to offer, I must find that stillness inside me. Well, at least that's what this image made me feel. Here are some other amazing photos:





3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its funny how people interpret pictures (and i guess all artforms) differently. When you see peace, calm, and the fog holds that all in place, I see change, uplifting, fighting gravity.
    To me, a more peaceful picture of landscape would be a flatter one, like a field.
    Regardless, its a very cool pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the photos. did u take it yourself?

    ReplyDelete